To assist special child to develop his/her highest potential through therapies and support services. Our focus is to provide encouraging and promoting environment for fostering social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development.
- To provide a caring and safe environment, that maximizes developmental opportunities and promotes wellness for children in need.
- To capacitate and support children and their families to develop to their maximum potential through therapeutic interventions and skills training.
- To ensure that the best therapeutic plans for the children maintained through the effective and sustainable management of programs as well as through ongoing monitoring and evaluation systems.
- To develop confidence in the intellectually challenged children and motivating them to face the daily activities with their full potential.
- To get involved with various professionals such as Clinical Psychologist, Speech and Language therapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Vocational skill trainers.
- To provide counseling to the parents about the diagnosis, prognosis and management plan of their children.
Al-Masoom Institute for Intellectually Challenged Children has been working since 1998. It was started only in 2 rooms. But with the passage of time Center expanded and a separate building was constructed with all facilities in regard to the children having special needs.
Al-Masoom Institute is providing education, training, and support for special children by fully trained and qualified staff, including Clinical Psychologist, Speech & Language Therapist, Physiotherapist and Vocational trainers.
Presently strength of Al-Masoom Institute is more than 160 children, who are being provided all required facilities for their betterment. Working on every child is started after complete assessment and evaluation by using different Psychological testing and methodology. Management and training plan is selected on the basis of assessment and evaluation. Facility of individual session or group session is provided according the need of child. Tanzeem-al-lissan has the privilege of organizing the only Institute in the entire area, as on other Center for special children was working at that time. There is no discrimination between the affording and non-affording families.
Learning through IEPs
Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) are developed for special children to enhance their learning according to the capabilities and needs of the child.
We focus on:
- Self Help
- Speech and Language
- Vocational skills training
- Behavior & emotional problems
A-Masoom deals with:
- Intellectual Disability
- Global Development Delays
- Down Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Slow learner
- Low achiever
- Attention Deficit Hyper Activity Disorder(ADHD)
- Conduct Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder(ODD)
- Communication Disorder/Phonological Disorder
- Speech & Language Problems
- Learning Disability
- Emotional and Behavioral Problems
- Difficulty related to reading and writing
- Gifted child