After successful introduction of Graduate level classes for hearing impaired individuals, Danish Degree College of Special Education has also started Post Graduate Diploma in Speech and Language Therapy which is the only facility available in Faisalabad. This program is designed to achieve the following goals.
- The diploma in speech and language therapy will promote and benefit the hearing Impaired, Intellectually disabled, and children and adults having speech and language problem and will also create awareness for early intervention services.
- The trained individuals will have the opportunity to be employed at special education centers, medical and rehabilitation centers.
- There is a shortage of trained individuals in Pakistan in the field of speech and language therapy hence the needs of a large population in not met.
- Besides meeting the needs of the children that are enrolled in Special Education centers the qualified Speech Therapists will also be able to approach and deal with different problems related to their field .The target population will vary in terms of age, disabilities, medical assistance etc. The speech therapists will be part of the existing team of Special Education Teachers and other Professionals.
- Babies with feeding and swallowing difficulties
- Children with mild, moderate or severe learning difficulties
- Physical disabilities , language delay
- Specific language impairment
- Specific difficulties in producing sounds
- Hearing impairment
- Cleft palate
- Stammering /(dysfluency)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Voice disorders
- Adults with eating and swallowing and communication problems following.
- Head injury(Traumatic brain injury)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Motor neuron disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Huntington’s disease
- Cancer of head, neck and Throat (including Laryngectomy)
- Voice problems
- Mental health issues
- Transgender voice Therapy
- Adults and children with cerebral palsy.
Duration of Programme:
Duration of this programme is 12 months academic session +3 months clinical practice (15 months).
All gender having following qualification is eligible for admission but admission will be on merit only.
- M.A / M. Ed Special Education
- M. Sc / BS. (Hon) Psychology
- MA/ M.Sc. with T.D.
Minimum 2nd division from HEC recognized university / Degree institute